Usually around this time of the year I’d be doing final prep for the annual Right-Brainers in Business Video Summit. Each year from 2011-2015 thousands of creative souls joined us from around the world to engage with the best and brightest entrepreneurial leaders.
Next week, to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the birth of The Right-Brain Business Plan book and the wildly popular summit that helped launch it all, we’ll be doing something we’ve never done before.
I can’t spill the beans just yet, but stay tuned! I think you’re gonna love it.
Until then, here are some highlights from 5 years of the summit…
- In December 2010, I attended my first in-person mastermind retreat with my mentor Andrea J. Lee where my fellow Diamonds and I brainstormed the Video Summit to help launch my first book.
- In February 2011, The Right-Brain Business Plan was published and we kicked off the launch with the very first Right-Brainers in Business Video Summit. My first interview was with Andrea and you can watch a clip about simple decision-making from that enlightening conversation below.
- At the 2012 summit I got to interview one of my favorite authors and inspirational leaders Jennifer Louden. We had so much fun there were fireworks!
- At the 2013 I was sooo nervous interviewing my business crush, Dan Pink, that I had a stomach afterward! Ha! He was amazing and we did a fun interactive exercise together (see all the E’s on people’s foreheads)?
- At the 2014 summit Michael Port, who wrote the foreword to my 2nd book, blew me away with his contagious enthusiasm and sage advice. Fun, inspirational and practical! Our worldwide community also took to Instagram posting tattoos of their core message.
- At the fifth and final summit in 2015 I got to sing with one of my all time creative heroes SARK at our summit send off – the perfect way to bring a close to this chapter.
The five years of my video summit took me through an amazing growth period – from my first 6-figure year to hitting multiple 6-figures. Our community has expanded in all sorts of new and exciting ways, we have licensed facilitators across North America, in the U.K, Australia, and now even in Indonesia, and my team of coaches has grown, too. I’m grateful that the Right-Brain Business Plan still helps creative entrepreneurs launch and grow their businesses.
If you’ve been part of the summit over the years or our RBBP family for any length of time, I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to since our time together. You can reply in the comments or pop a note over to info @artizencoaching.com. I’d love to celebrate YOUR milestones with you!
As I close the chapter of the summit with this upcoming 5th anniversary celebration, I’m excited for more of what’s to come. The theme of the final summit in 2015 was “What’s Next?” and since then I’ve been living the inquiry. I’ve spent more time in my studio doing intuitive painting and connecting back to my own creative process, led my first in-person retreat at my creative space (it was such a hit that there will be more to come, I’m sure!), and I’ve had the honor of working with some awesome VIP clients and Stars in my programs.
In June, I’ll also be celebrating another milestone… my 10th anniversary of quitting my corporate job and going into my business full-time! Lots to celebrate in 2016.
If you’re a creative one with big dreams, remember, it can take some time for you to gain traction toward your goals. The small steps count and make sure to celebrate along the way!