Guest post by licensed Right-Brain Business Plan® Facilitator Ho’omalamalama Brown
What if you wake up with an idea to develop the perfect product for all of humanity? Now what? This doodle summarizes and simplifies a few of the realities that we all face. (Does any of the doodle images look familiar?) We all start somewhere and hope to make it to the big finish with moola in hand.
When I decided to navigate through my own game board I read books, looked on Google®, asked other’s and one day I found the perfect book. It was Jennifer Lee’s, “The Right Brain Business Plan®” and I was ecstatic. I’m not trying to do a book plug to earn brownie points, but this is what really helped me. There were so many examples and fun prompts that I had to visit her website.
Here’s the exciting part, she was hosting an online “Product Development” class. How perfect! If you were there you can remember how engaging it felt. However, since the Livestream program it has taken me two years to come up with a product that I can sell through my website.
Here’s the doodle translation…
- Idea – My product.
- Dream – What I hope to earn.
- Share – I joined the RBBP Mentorship program for support.
- Inspiration – Going through a gamut of feelings to find my strength.
- Work – Every dream needs to have action otherwise it will die.
- Tweak – I had to change a lot of things as I defined my perfect client.
- Tangible – Something worth selling.
- Partnership Shortcut – In the game of “Product Development” a partner can help to lighten the load and build momentum. (I didn’t take this road, yet.)
It does take time but it’s time well spent. PEACE be the Journey.
Ho’o is one of our licensed Right-Brain Business Plan® Facilitators.