With the rise of the handmade movement, it’s exciting to see so many resources for crafters, makers, and creatives. This resource roundup is all about crafty, creative business, including some upcoming events/conferences and a couple of sites chock full of great information.
- CraftyCon – A conference created by crafters, for crafters. Come join the fun in Chicago this October! I’ll be speaking about the Right-Brain Business Plan.
- Conference of Creative Entrepreneurs – This gathering is taking place in Seattle in August. The schedule looks awesome and they even have time blocked out for cupcakes!
- The Creative Connection event in September was created by Nancy Soriano, former editor-in-chief of Country Living and Jo Packham of Where Women Create.
- unanimouscraft has tons of fun, helpful resources for indie business.
- Crafting an MBA is an informative site with business resources for crafters and makers.
- My latest Musepreneur column on the wishstudio is all about hiring help for your creative business.