Dear Right-Brain EntrepreneurDoes the thought of writing a business plan make you cringe? But you know you need a roadmap for your success?
Whether you’re a budding business owner or a seasoned entrepreneur...
You know how important it is to have clear goals and an action plan to achieve them. But traditional, left-brain tactics leave you overwhelmed, uninspired, and just plain stuck.
What if business planning could be fun, colorful, AND effective? I’ll share with you my empowering, intuitive, and accessible entrepreneur approach based on my best-selling book that has helped tens of thousands of creatives like you launch and grow their business.
Join us for the Right-Brain Business Plan® Home Study . You’ll roll-up your sleeves and craft a visual plan that lets your head know where your business is going AND inspires your heart to sing with joy.
Plus, since it’s a home study program, you get to start whenever you want and you get to do it all on your own time!
Finally get that business plan done AND set the stage for your best year yet as a creative entrepreneur! Won’t you join us?
THIS MULTIMEDIA HOME STUDY PROGRAM IS PERFECT FOR YOU IF …
- You don’t have a business plan and know you need one, but doing dirty dishes, dealing with loads of laundry, or even getting a head start on next year’s taxes all sound way more appealing (ugh!)
- You’ve tried to do a business plan the "traditional way" and you got stuck, overwhelmed, and demotivated
- You already have a business plan, but you need to breathe new life into it
- You can’t stand spreadsheets
- Numbers numb you out
- AND you’d be a heck of a lot happier planning your business in the same intuitive, authentic, and expressive way that you live your creative life (yes, indeed, it can be that fun and fulfilling!)
You get the following (and much, much more!) from this e-course:
- Detailed, do-able assignments… that deal with all the parts of a business plan, from start to finish like a full-fledged entrepreneur
- Intuitive exercises and inspiring materials… that tap into your natural creative genius, transforming drudgery into joy
- Guidance and insight… to help you finally complete your plan
“If you don’t have a plan for your business, you need one. If you want to have fun learning how to develop a plan, take this course. This course takes the ‘scare factor’ out of creating a business plan. Jenn is a dream instructor and I am in awe of her genius in creating this course.!”
By the end of this home study program, you will have experienced how to:
- Clarify your business values and vision
- Paint a picture of your business landscape
- Determine what products and services you’ll offer
- Understand your competition, and what makes you stand out from the crowd
- Identify who your perfect customers are and how you’ll reach them
- Set and manage money goals that honor your values and align with your life
- Select your circle of support to help you get the work done
- Map out concrete action steps to bring your Right-Brain Business Plan to life
- Module 1: Intro and Crafting Your Business Vision and Values
- Module 2: Painting the Picture of Your Business Landscape
- Module 3: Getting the Word Out with Marketing: Find and connect with your perfect customers
- Module 4: Managing the Moola - Color by Numbers: Develop a financial plan with fun and flair
- Module 5: Corralling Your Creative Cohorts: You don’t have to go it alone
- Module 6: Action Planning: Make your plan real with goals, strategies, and action steps
- Module 7: Weaving It All Together: Put the finishing touches on your Right-Brain Business Plan (including tailoring your plan to suit the suits, if you need a more traditional format for a loan or investment)
- Module 8: Celebration and Completion: Set the stage for continued success and sparkles
"This course helped me re-energize and align my vision, purpose and actions. In fact, engaging in this class got me so inspired again about my business that I found myself in action implementing my plan while simultaneously creating it!
Results are already materializing. Thank you so much!"
What you get:
- Eight modules of creative and practical assignments including inspiring, informational, and instructional videos plus juicy reading material.
- Exercises and templates for the creative entrepreneur that cover the financials, marketing plan, competitive analysis, goal setting, action plans, and building a team (all in a right-brain, creative way, of course!) and fun illustrated play sheets.
- Access to a beautifully designed private site to refer to all of the materials on your own time.
- Access to an extensive library of group coaching call recordings so you can learn listening to folks just like you get coached by our RBBP coaches.
- Follow-up material two weeks after the course to help you maintain the magic and momentum.
You will need a copy of the book The Right-Brain Business Plan: A Creative Visual Map for Success to follow along with the program. You can order it on Amazon, or from me (PLEASE NOTE: After you register for the e-Course, you will receive a special code for getting 20% off the book and/or the kit when you order from me).
About the course creator - Jennifer Lee, PCC, CPCC, MA
I’m a certified coach, author, artist, and yogini who believes in living life in full color. My book The Right-Brain Business Plan: A Creative, Visual Map for Success (New World Library, 2011) has helped tens of thousands of entrepreneurs around the world grow their business authentically and creatively. My second book Building Your Business the Right-Brain Way (New World Library, 2014) helps you go beyond the business plan and create a sustainable creative business. After spending 10 years climbing the corporate ladder and getting tired of living my dream "on-the-side," in 2006 I took the leap to pursue my passions full-time and now help others do the same. I used to think that creativity and business were worlds apart, but the successes that followed my first Right-Brain Business Plan® taught me that creativity and business go hand-in-hand, beautifully.
As someone who deeply values learning and personal growth, I’ve received my coaching certification through the Coaches Training Institute, I’m a certified yoga instructor, and a certified Intuitive Painting and Expressive Arts Facilitator. I also hold a B.A. in Communication Studies from UCLA and an M.A. in Communication Management from USC.
When I’m not coaching, writing, or leading groups, I’m either painting up a storm, reading in my hammock, practicing yoga, getting crafty, indulging in a mid-day nap, or hanging with my hubby.
"I definitely appreciate the fact that this course emphasizes and acknowledges how important visuals are to the right brain person. This concept really helps me stay focused and interested in the planning process of my business. Phew! This is the furthest I have ever gone in the planning process. I typically don’t make it past reading the two words, 'executive summary.'"
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the format of the home study e-course?
Since this course is a home study format, you don’t need to wait for a set time to register, you can start anytime you want, and, you’ll be able to go at your own pace.
To help provide some guidance and structure, though, when you sign up for the course, you’ll begin to receive e-mails every couple of days with links to assignments and check-ins. Each "week/module" will include a video, juicy reading materials, and creative exercises, plus some weeks will also have an MP3 audio file and fun playsheets (who needs worksheets when you’re doing right-brain business planning?!). You will also receive a mid-week and end-of-week check-in with additional exercises and suggested challenges.
Anticipate spending at least 3-5 hours (or more, if you’re super gung-ho!) each module of the course.
There is no "scheduled" time for "class" (except for the monthly group coaching calls should you choose to take advantage of those).
What do I need to participate?
You will need a copy of the book The Right-Brain Business Plan: A Creative Visual Map for Success to follow along with the program. (PLEASE NOTE: After you register for the e-Course, you will receive a special discount code for getting 20% off of the book and/or the kit when you order directly from me).
Technical requirements: A computer, Internet access, ability to watch online videos, listen to MP3 files, and view PDFs. You’ll also need a phone (land-line preferably) to call into the group conference call and long distances charges may apply. I recommend you print out the illustrated playsheets in color for maximum creative inspiration, so a color printer is ideal. You may want to have a digital camera or scanner to document and post your visual plan, but that’s optional.
Supplies: We’ll be doing various creative activities, so here are the basic types of supplies we’ll use - paper, pens/markers, magazines, scissors, glue, Post-it Notes, but you’re encouraged to use whatever materials that inspire you!
An open mind and willingness to have fun!
Will there be a course leader facilitating the program?
Since the course is done at your own pace, there is no formal facilitation.
How can I get the most out of this experience?
Show up: Engage yourself fully in the process. Read the materials, watch the videos, and do your assignments. The more you put in to this experience, the more you’ll get out of it.
Be curious: Have an open mind about the exercises and your own experience. Cultivate awareness about your own process. What does your own process during the course tell you about how you run your business? Be willing to try new things, learn, and venture outside your comfort zone.
What if I have more than one business?
I know as a creative entrepreneur you have a plethora of passions. If you have multiple businesses or business ideas, I suggest focusing on one business as you go through the exercises. It will keep things more simple and manageable for you. Once you go through the process for one business, it’ll be easier to repeat it again for the next. When you’re done you can look at both plans to see the big picture of your creative enterprise.
What if I’ve been in business for awhile already or if I already have a business plan?
The Right-Brain Business Plan® process can be used to flesh out a specific new product or service you’re wanting to offer or to explore how you will take your business to the next level. You will learn tools and techniques for approaching your business from a fresh perspective. If you’ve been feeling bored by your business or you’ve lost connection with your authentic expression as an entrepreneur, this course will give you the creative spark you need.
What is the difference between the Right-Brain Business Plan book, kit and the home study e-Course?
The book walks you through the entire Right-Brain Business Plan® process. The Right-Brain Business Plan® kit is a companion to the book and contains supplies to make your own accordion book-style visual business plan. The Home Study e-Course is an online-self-paced, multimedia program that helps to guide you through the process at a suggested pace so that you have some extra structure and accountability. The Home Study e-Course includes additional materials such as videos to talk you through examples, supplementary reading materials.
What if I can no longer participate in the course and need to cancel?
The course registration fee is non refundable, so please make a clear and informed decision before signing up. Feel free to contact us with questions.
I love the creative exercises in this program. Can I use them with my own clients?
We’re so delighted that this material speaks to you! Please note that these copyrighted materials are for your personal use only and are not to be used in any business or commercial setting without licensed rights. You can refer to this notice for more details. If you are interested in using any Right-Brain Business Plan® materials or approach in your work with clients or in groups, workshops or presentations, find out about our licensing program. The Right-Brain Business Plan® is a registered trademark of Jenn & Brian Creative Inc (DBA: Artizen Coaching).
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
Please e-mail your questions about the course to info @ artizencoaching.com and we’ll get back to you soon!
"I thought the whole course was terrific, I loved doing the vision board work and felt it helped me create the business I wanted. I love the feel and creativity you created for the course. The course material was inspiring and so enjoyable to work with.
I felt motivated every week. You rock Jenn! I have recommended this course to many. It has helped me focus and enjoy the process of putting a business plan together."
"It’s a powerful way to re-connect with why you’re doing the work you do. (And it’s fun!) If your brand identity is a bit fuzzy, this will clear it up and launch you forward. In the end, my plan has become a tool for helping my support team, strategic partners, and advisers better understand my vision and goals....priceless! For the first time in 5 years, I completed a business plan and have a living document to use as a guide for the coming years."
“I would say that this isn’t a walk in the park. It isn’t an afternoon craft class. What it is, is the best kick in the pants you know you need. It’s a class in stretching your mind, your vision, your dedication and your time management and how that relates to your business. You will be stretched further than you ever thought you could be. You will come to conclusions about your business that you never expected but were pleasantly surprised by. Above all, you will be excited about your business. You will be motivated to make it happen. Instead of feeling like someone with little to offer in the way of money or business sense you’ll feel like someone who has enough business sense to make your dream happen or at the very least know how to acquire the knowledge to make it happen. Instead of feeling like someone who has no business trying to make it in a corporate world you feel like someone who has a great idea that will appeal to people you can hardly wait to meet. It will change your perspective for so many things in the best way possible."