I can’t wait to get my hands on Dan Pink’s new book To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others.
It comes out later this month and Dan’s offering some fabulous freebies to those who pre-order (more about that in a bit)!
I’ll actually be getting a sneak peek at the book very soon as I’m one of 96 lucky volunteer peeps who are part of Dan’s To Sell is Human book launch team (someone pinch me!).
If you haven’t guessed, I’m a huge fan of Dan’s work, especially A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future which totally blew my mind when I read it several years ago. It helped me really value my right-brain gifts and was certainly one of the inspirations for the Right-Brain Business Plan and the work I do serving creative entrepreneurs.
I heard Dan talking about some of the concepts from To Sell is Human during an interview he did with Michelle James at the Creativity in Business Telesummit and I gotta say, my curiosity was piqued.
Then I checked out this 6-page excerpt of the intro and the trailer below and now I’m even more excited about the book!
One of the things I hear most often from my tribe of right-brain entrepreneurs is how much folks disdain having to “sell” themselves. It can feel sleazy or inauthentic. I’m looking forward to hearing Dan’s take on the matter and perhaps embracing some new more empowering perspectives around sales, cuz hey, whether you’re in “sales” or not it’s still an important skill to be able to influence and persuade others.
So here’s the scoop on Dan’s 5 freebies for first movers:
Anyone who orders To Sell is Human — hardcover or e-book, from any bookseller — before December 30, 2012, will receive the following:
- A free 20-page PDF workbook, based on To Sell is Human, giving you a two-week plan to get better at selling and a head start on those who won’t have the book until January.
- A free New Year’s Day webinar – with an exclusive look at the ideas, people, and publications Dan will be watching in 2013 along with a chance to ask him questions.
- A free customized Field Notes memo book – Dan’s favorite notebook of all time, printed in a (very) limited edition batch commemorating publication of the book.
- A free To Sell is Human bookplate, signed and numbered, to put inside your book.
- A free audio download of a one-hour special edition of Office Hours (not available anywhere else) featuring exclusive interviews with Robert Cialdini, author of the classic book, Influence and Adam Grant, the Wharton professor whose not-yet-published study is one of the biggest pieces of news in To Sell is Human.
Here’s what you need to do:
Once you pre-order the book, or if you’ve done so already, just forward your receipt in any form to email@example.com. His team will verify it and then send you instructions on how to access your goodies when they’re ready. Pretty easy peasy, right?
And I’ll be sure to report back after I read the book!!